Thursday, October 18, 2012

Waiting & Realizing

I am beginning to realize that this is just the beginning of the waiting. We are still at the beginning of this process, yet I am starting to understand the "adoption rollercoaster" phenomenon that other adoptive parents/prospective adoptive parents have talked about. Leading up to our application, there were months of excitement, just waiting until we could officially apply. Then we were let down when we were denied by the first agency we applied to. That was a complete blow but I quickly rebounded the next month when we were accepted into AAI's program. During the summer we were super busy gathering and preparing docs for our dossier, going to appts., etc. and the whole process began to feel real. Then we missed our first fingerprinting appt. when our appt. letter was mailed to our physical address instead of our mailing address. Just a bump in the road, I keep telling myself. Our rescheduled appts. are approaching so hopefully we will feel like we are back in the game after that. I am already to become impatient and the real waiting has not even begun...


As Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers said...




Every time I hear this song, I think about the little one we will meet someday...


No comments:

Post a Comment