Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Buna


Buna or coffee, is believed to have originated in Ethiopia. This is a fact I came across early on in my research and "buna" is the first Amharic word I ever learned. Drinking Ethiopian coffee is something we are looking forward to, as we are both coffee drinkers. Others who have traveled to Ethiopia have said it was the best coffee they have ever had. Some people have compared it Starbucks which scares me because I can barely get a sip of Starbucks coffee down, never mind a whole cup! Being from MA, we love our Dunkie's through and through! I am wondering if the comparison to Starbucks is based on taste or something else?



So, next time you are enjoying a great cup of coffee, you can thank the Ethiopians!


Coffee Ceremony video:




No comments:

Post a Comment