Friday, November 30, 2012

My personal goal

I have downloaded three different Amharic apps on my ipad over the last few months with the hopes of learning some basic expressions and vocabulary. I have come to the realization that this self-taught method will most likely yield mediocre results at best, but I do intend to attempt this. I have also realized that no matter how hard I try I will probably never acquire reading and writing skills, as Amharic is so very different from English. So, anyway, my hope is to improve my oral comprehension and expression. My goal is to learn one word or basic phrase per day. At this time I only know a dozen words/phrases and can count from 1-10.


1 comment:

  1. That's pretty good! Full immersion works best. But if you learn the basics before you will for sure pick up on some while in Ethiopia!

    ReplyDelete